Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First Birthday {Decorations}

Ava's party theme was Sunshine & Lemonade.  Perfect for an August birthday.  It was kind of a mixture of vintage, shabby chic, and a yellow/pink picnic.  I think it turned our really pretty and sweet.

Avalyn Month By Month


A lot of the pieces I was able to rent from a vintage rental company in KC.  They added a really nice touch to the party.


Treats included cake, cupcakes, french macaroons, chocolate ganache tarts, and a lemonade bar.




Lots of pretty yellow, pink, and light purple flowers tucked in vintage medicine bottles, mason jars, galvanized buckets, and cans.  I tied ripped pieces of pretty fabrics and ribbon around and hung buntings and banners.









Favor buckets included jars filled with lemon drops, pin wheels, suckers, bubbles, cupcake clips for the girls and yellow race cars for the boys.

Overall, I think this was my best party yet!  It was a lot of work, but I had a lot of fun planning it.  Some people told me it was silly to have such a nice party for a first birthday since Avalyn wont remember it.  Even though she might not remember, I loved seeing her so happy and having so much fun with her family and friends.  I think she'll enjoy these pictures when she is older too.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, so much more tasteful than I could have put together. :) Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful! I meant to ask, where did you get the macaroons from? I loved all the details. Now I'm scrambling to get the final touches done on Chloe's party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful party! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful party, Rach! I found several ideas I want to pin. What a special day for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing decorations for birthday parties and hope these ideas will help me in arranging my sister’s birthday party next month. Searched online for exotic Chicago venues and got to know about few. Planning to book best among them.

    ReplyDelete